The Curriculum at Ravenswood Primary School
Ravenswood's teaching staff and subject leaders have created an overview of the topics/areas to be covered each term. Our school curriculum covers the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014). We use the IPC which link subjects together into a thematic approach to learning.
The IPC page will detail of the units taught per year group. Some will contain a range of subjects, others are a single subject (stand-alone science units).
Each of the subjects we teach at Ravenswood Primary School have their own dedicated page. This is to keep up with the latest changes, legislation, what is going on in school and to share some of the great work our children produce.
Each subject is led and managed by a member of the teaching staff. We also have a link Govenor that liases with each subject leader.
- Literacy and Reading Champion - Mrs Ali Knox-Johnson
- Numeracy - Mrs Lisa Walls
- Science - Mrs Jo Cook and Mrs Angela Drury
- ICT and E-safety - Mr Rob Hamilton
- Religious Education and Collective Worship - Mrs Nancy Tovey-Holmes
- PE - Mrs Kerry Harman and Mr Ben Newson
- Modern Foreign Languages (French) - Miss Rachel Palmer
- Music - Miss Abi Jones and Miss Lily Perkins
- History and Geography - Mrs Emma Nugent and Mrs Jules Beckford
- Art - Mrs Kyla Webb
- DT - Miss Ellie Backhouse
- PHSE/Characterstics of Learning - Mrs Sarah Milburn
- English as an additional language - Mrs Angela Jacobs
- Library Lead - Mrs Juliette Garside
- Class visits - share sessions or open house sessions,
- Specialist subjects sessions,
- The entry and exit point to the IPC units,
- Class newsletters,
- Celebration Assemblies.
Please contact Mr P Arch (Foundation subjects co-ordinator) or Miss Cook for further information.
National Curriculum 2014 in our school -including Long Term R.E and P.E. plans
From September 2014 a new National Curriculum was introduced. At Ravenswood we have implemented Long Term Plans for Literacy and Numeracy and use the ...