to Year 3
Class 3NPCN Dolphins Class 3KW Turtles
Here is the Year 3 newsletter for the Summer term:
The children work very hard at school every day and are often learning many new things at once.
Here are a few tips on how you can support them with their learning at home.
- Read regularly at home (at least 5 times a week) and record it in the reading diary.
- Practise spellings regularly.
- Practise 2,3,4,5,8 times tables.
- Practise counting up/down in multiples of 50 and 100, finding 10/100 more and less than a given number.
- Play games together such as: board games, scrabble, hangman, Sudoku
- Talk about new vocabulary/unfamiliar words and using dictionaries to find the meanings.
Reading is an important life skill and at Ravenswood we like to promote a love of reading. We encourage children to read a variety of books and have weekly visits to our school library.
It is expected that your child reads at least 5 days a week, this can be on their own but it is beneficial to hear them read aloud as much as possible as this supports your child’s fluency and intonation development.
You or your child can record the book, page numbers and comment in the reading diaries but please make sure it is signed by an adult and that when your child finishes a whole book that you record this in their diary so that the book can be changed.