Key Class Information
Start of day 08:40 End of day 02:30
Outdoor PE is on Monday, Indoor PE is on Tuesday - please come in PE kit both days.
Homework is handed out on a Thursday (times tables and spelling) and is tested on Wednesday.
Music (Flute) is taught on Friday.
Outdoor PE is on Friday.
Activities to support learning at home
- Read regularly at home (at least 5 times a week) and record it in the reading diary. Pupils or adults may write in the diary, however an adult must sign it to say that they have read. Diaries will be stamped daily to check reading.
- Discuss the book as you are reading. Answer questions verbally and in writing to support comprehension.
- Epic https://www.getepic.com/sign-in - Epic is a site where you can read and listen to books for free. Our class login is: idl5145
You may find these activities helpful to support writing:
- BBC bitesize – further information and useful videos on all common spelling patterns and grammar rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- Online Dobble (word shaker) - how many words can you make in 3 minutes?https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/games/wordshake
- Touch typing – helps to improve spelling and hand eye co-ordination https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr
- Practice your handwriting – think about joining, the height of letters (ascenders) and the letters which sit on the line (descenders).
- Practise your common exception words - These are tested on a weekly basis and are linked in with handwriting. Years 1/2/3 and 4 words have been uploaded to the class dojo page. If you need another copy, please ask your class teacher.
By the end of year 4, pupils are expected to know their times tables up to 12 x 12, including division facts. To support this we recommend using the following sites:
- Maths practice https://www.mathletics.com/uk/
- Timetables practice https://ttrockstars.com/
- Times tables, number bonds, division, square numbers, halves, doubles. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button