This term year four are investigating Temples, Tombs and Treasures as they explore Ancient Egypt.
Year 4 have been working exceptionally hard during this different time.
Here are some examples of their fantastic home learning.
Activities to support learning at home
- Epic https://www.getepic.com/sign-in - Online books to read a listen to for free
Class login: idl5145
- Read regularly at home (at least 5 times a week) and record it in the reading diary.
- Work on the targets you were given on your report.
- Write a book review on the book you have read.
- Answer questions that your adult asks you verbally and in writing.
- Learn how to read all the common exception words that you are currently on.
- Spag https://www.spag.com/ - Spelling, punctuation and grammar practice
- BBC bitesize – further information and useful videos on all common spelling patterns and grammar rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- Online Dobble (word shaker) - how many words can you make in 3min? https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/games/wordshake
- Touch typing – helps to improve spelling and hand eye co-ordination https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr
- Practice your handwriting – think about joining, the height of letters and the letters which sit on the line (descenders).
- Work on the targets you were given on your Interim report for writing.
- Learn how to spell all the common exception words that you are currently on.
- Maths practice https://www.mathletics.com/uk/
- Timetables practice https://ttrockstars.com/
- Times tables, number bonds, division, square numbers, halves, doubles. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Work on the targets you were given on your report for maths.
- Continue to practice your times tables up to 12 x 12.
- Continue to practice your division facts up to 12 ÷ 12.
- Use both these skills to create fact families e.g. 3 x 6 = 18, 6 x 3 = 18, 18 ÷ 3 = 6, 18 ÷ 6 = 3.