The Curriculum at Ravenswood Primary School
Ravenswood's teaching staff and subject leaders have created an overview of the topics/areas to be covered each term. Our school curriculum covers the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014). We use the IPC which link subjects together into a thematic approach to learning.
The IPC page will detail of the units taught per year group. Some will contain a range of subjects, others are a single subject (stand-alone science units).
Each of the subjects we teach at Ravenswood Primary School have their own dedicated page. This is to keep up with the latest changes, legislation, what is going on in school and to share some of the great work our children produce.
Each subject is led and managed by a member of the teaching staff. We also have a link Govenor that liases with each subject leader.
- Literacy and Reading Champion - Mrs A Knox-Johnson
- Numeracy - Miss S Cook and Mrs LWalls
- Science - TBA
- Computing and E-safety - Mr R Hamilton
- Religious Education/Collective Worship - Mrs N Tovey-Holmes and Mrs J Reason
- PE - Mrs K Harman and Mr B Newson
- Modern Foreign Languages (French) - Miss R Palmer
- Music - Miss A Jones and Miss L Perkins
- History and Geography - Mrs E Nugent and Mrs J Beckford
- Art - Mrs K Webb
- DT - Miss E Backhouse
- PHSE/Characterstics of Learning - Mrs S Milburn
- EAL - Mrs AJacobs and Mrs S Begum Miah
If parents and carers would like additional information about our curriculum, these are the ways to access this information:
- Class visits - share sessions or open house sessions,
- Specialist subjects sessions
- The entry and exit point to the IPC units
- Class newsletters
- Celebration Assemblies
Please contact Miss Cook (Foundation subjects co-ordinator) for further information.